Due to the previous Branch meeting being comprised of a bunch of new Woblies or people interested in finding out more the usual business was postponed and rearranged for the 11.10.11 at the Bath Hotel 7pm (the venue welcomes children before 9pm). Below you will find a copy of the updated agenda, and the Internal Bulletin (IB) will be emailed out to you, this contains the motions and reports for the upcoming national IWW-BIRA meeting. We will discuss them, vote and elect a delegate to represent our views at the meeting. This process represents the core of out unions wider democracy and it is essential you make your opinion as a member heard, if you can not make the meeting please contact the branch – firstname.lastname@example.org – to pass on your views.
Agenda for Branch Meeting 11.10.2011
Location: Bath Hotel
Monthly Officer Reports
- Need for training programs
- Merch propaganda
- Electing a replacement
- Passing over to elected replacement
- Communications – Steel City Ruckus update – Articles needed!
Upcoming BIRA Meeting– Voting on motions – Electing Delegate to attend BIRA
Proposals – To Hold – Public film showings and Discussion/reading groups
- Pizza Hut
- Time to move to a Pizza Hut Crookes IU Branch?
- New members
- Pizza Hut unionisation: getting people signed up? Time to get new stores involved! – LEEDS/YORK!
- Merch and Propaganda update
- University Tutors
- Tenants union
- Unemployed/Claimants Union
- Public Sector Strike 30th Nov – what support can we offer our FWs!
- Conservative Party Conference – Manchester 2nd Oct (Feedback)
- Students – University stall on the 22/09 (Feedback)
- Other potential campaigns
Updates on Union wide news
- FWs trip across Africa – They need our support!
Any Other Business
Hope to see you all there!
For the OBU,
Acting Branch Sec.